2021 APGO Martin L. Stone, MD, Faculty Development Seminar
Virtual APGO FDS 2021: Plug In, Power Up and Reconnect
|2021 FDS Home||General Information||Travel and Lodging||Presenter Information ||Keynote Speakers
CDS 101 & 201
|Fundraiser||MERC Workshops||CME Information||Registration Policies
Sunday, January 10 – Tuesday, January 12, 2021
All days begin at 10am ET
Virtual CDS 101 and 201
Friday, February 5, 2021
11am – 5pm ET
Registration information coming soon.
The APGO FDS is intended for physician-educators who teach medical students and residents obstetrics, gynecology and women’s health, as well as others interested in the field. The seminar is highly regarded for providing an excellent opportunity for educators to get energized while also networking with other physician educators actively engaged in the pursuit of excellence in medical education. Plenary sessions, interactive workshops, round table discussions and an innovation festival are included in this informative four-day seminar. Engaging, knowledgeable speakers have been chosen for their skills and expertise in the focus topic areas.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the APGO Martin L. Stone, MD, Faculty Development Seminar will be a fully virtual meeting. APGO carefully considered the options, consulted an infectious disease specialist, and concluded that due to the following COVID-19 related considerations, an in-person meeting is not feasible:
- Safety and health of our members, attendees, presenters and staff
- Risk of transmission posed by travel to and from the meeting
- Nature of the event as a large, indoor gathering
- Potential impact of infecting clinical providers at a time when their services may be necessary to provide medical care during a potential surge (coupled with flu season)
- Travel restrictions and budget limitations in place for the majority of academic medical centers
We are pleased to announce a new theme for the Virtual 2021 APGO FDS!
The 2021 theme is “Plug in, Power Up and Reconnect” and encompasses the following subthemes:
- UME Innovations: Virtual Reality
- Solving UME Challenges: Electric Ideas
- Faculty Development: Recharging Your Batteries
We look forward to sharing all of the beloved aspects of this unique meeting and now, more than ever, to connecting with each other virtually.
We are in the process of sending abstract acceptances and will be in touch in the coming weeks to share more information about this exciting, first-ever virtual APGO FDS meeting.
Click here for the 2021 APGO Martin L. Stone, MD, Faculty Development Seminar Call for Abstracts Overview