featured image

Associate Dean for Graduate Medical Education and Institutional DIO

Associate Dean for Graduate Medical Education and Institutional DIO

Responsible to the Dean of Medicine for maintaining the integrity of Graduate Medical Education (GME) programs of the Quillen College of Medicine. Provides leadership and oversight for all GME operations; serving as the Designated Institutional Officer (DIO); liaising with the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME); Assures compliance with ACGME Common, Specialty/sub-specialty specific Program and Institutional Requirements, directs the academic programs for resident and fellow physicians, ensuring the institution’s GME programs support safe and appropriate patient care through curricula, evaluation and supervision, Chairs the Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC), and develops and implements short/long term range plans for curriculum development and academic programs.

While this is a full-time position, it is expected that the DIO will participate in clinical practice in a residency educational setting. Knowledge of Graduate Medical Education, ACGME policies, faculty affairs, fiscal management, and medical student academic programs. Effective communication skills. Detail oriented. Demonstrated effectiveness in problem solving. Ability to view GME from an institutional perspective. Ability to communicate effectively.

-Board Certified in a specialty recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties.
-Five to Ten years of experience in a medical education environment.
-Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
-Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
-Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
-Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to problem solve.
-Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
-Eligible for a Medical License in Tennessee.
-Qualified to obtain hospital credentials.

Successful candidate will work as Associate Dean 65% time. The remaining 35% time will be spent practicing in a teaching environment.

Please review ETSU’s Application Process before applying. In addition to the references provided on your application, for this position you will be required to provide the names and email addresses of at least 3 references (you may choose to provide the same references you listed on your application, or you may list different references). The references provided in the “Provide References” section of the application process will be automatically contacted by the eJobs system and asked to provide a letter of recommendation on your behalf. Human Resources cannot edit or add additional references once you have completed the application process. We recommend you contact references before submitting their information to ensure the reference is willing and able to complete the reference process, and that you double check all email addresses before submitting them (they cannot be corrected, once entered). If your references are unable or unwilling to use the electronic system to submit a letter of recommendation, you may advise them to send the letter directly to the hiring department at:

Associate Dean/DIO Search
Department of Graduate Medical Education
Quillen College of Medicine
PO Box 70415
Johnson City, TN 37614