COVID-19 Resources for Clerkship Directors and Students
A Message To Our Members
The following organizations have developed resources for the general public as well as health care professionals and medical educators:
We anticipate that each institution will develop its own systemwide protocol for students in classroom and clinical settings. Should those protocols include recommendations for distance learning, APGO has the following resources available for use:
- New! APGO is pleased to announce the addition of a uWISE COVID-19 Supplemental Quiz for use by students. This 10-question quiz will assess basic knowledge in physiology of pregnancy, PPE, public health and more. It is accessible free of charge for a limited time. Access the quiz here or Students can access the quiz through their uWISE portal.
- New! Health Systems Science Teaching Modules developed by a team from Cedars-Sinai Medical Center with the support of an educational grant from the 2018 APGO Medical Education Endowment Fund Grant Program
- Two-Week Ob-Gyn Clerkship Remote Learning Plan – Aligns APGO resources with the APGO Medical Student Educational Objectives such as the APGO Basic Science videos, uWISE quizzes and more. APGO has created webpages that follow this plan for direct access by students.
- Clerkship Director Listserv – Connect with other Clerkship Directors, get advice from peers and discuss issues around women’s health and academic medicine, including issues around COVID-19. Participation is open to APGO Members who fulfill some or all duties of a Clerkship Director at their institution.
- uWISE – Institutions with subscriptions may utilize uWISE for distance learning testing, studying and training.
- APGO Medical Student Educational Objectives, Teaching Cases and Videos – Important note: The 11th edition of the APGO Medical Student Educational Objectives has just been released in PDF format, but available teaching cases are still mapped to the 10th edition while the new cases are in development. While the updated teaching cases will launch later this year, the current cases continue to be an appropriate teaching tool. The 47 educational videos, mapped to the objectives and free for students to access, provide another excellent and comprehensive resource for self-directed learning.
- Basic Science Videos and Teaching Scripts – Medical students can use these free videos to deepen their understanding of the basic science topics necessary to enrich a firm foundation for general clinical medicine practice as well as for obstetrics, gynecology and women’s health.
- Free APGO Apps
Perinatal Depression (PPD)
This app was developed by APGO faculty as a tool to help ob-gyn learners as they consider screening and treatment for depression related to pregnancy. Click here for the overview and learning objectives.
Induction of Labor
This app was developed by APGO faculty as a tool to help ob-gyn learners as they consider if and when to induce labor in their patients. Click here for the overview and learning objectives.
These apps are available for free download on the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store by searching “APGO PPD”and “APGO Labor.”
- Additional Student Resources – Visit this page for all APGO resources available to students.