Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics
2130 Priest Bridge Drive, Suite #7, Crofton, MD 21114
Phone: (410) 451-9560
Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology
409 12th Street, SW, Washington, DC 20024
Phone: (202) 863-2554
CALL FOR BREAKOUT SESSIONS & ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSIONS
2013 CREOG & APGO ANNUAL MEETING
Extending Your Reach in Women’s Health Education: Up, Out, Across, and Around
February 27 - March 2, 2013
W Marriott Desert Ridge Resort and Spa
The Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology (CREOG) and the Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics (APGO) invite you to contribute to the 2013 CREOG & APGO Annual Meeting. Members of APGO and CREOG are encouraged to submit proposals in response to this Call for Breakout Sessions and Roundtable Discussions. The Call for Proposals for Oral Abstracts and Poster and for the Film Festival will be sent under separate cover.
Breakout Sessions are hour-long, interactive sessions designed to facilitate an exchange of information, ideas, and educational strategies among a large group of participants. Roundtable Discussions also last an hour, and have the same overarching goals in the context of a more intimate group of up to 10 people. Both types of sessions provide the time and structure to support meaningful group discussion. Breakout sessions will allow for AV while round tables will not.
We are excited about the theme of the 2013 Annual Meeting, “Extending Your Reach in Women’s Health Education: Up, Out, Across, and Around.” All submissions related to education in Obstetrics and Gynecology will be considered. This year, we are especially interested in receiving proposals related to the five broad topics listed below in the context of education in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Examples of what might fit into each category are also provided as suggestions.
Reaching Up – Setting and Attaining Stretch Goals for Individuals, Programs and Institutions
Reaching Out – Mentoring, Developing Philanthropy, Promoting Diversity, and Medical Arts and Humanities
Reaching Across –Handling Conflict Resolution, Interdisciplinary Learning, and the Educational Continuum of UME, GME and CME
Reaching Around – Considering Global Health and Medical Education; Working with Underserved Communities
Reaching Your Learners – Utilizing Technology in Education and Meaningful Assessment
All Breakout Sessions and Roundtable Proposals are peer-reviewed by members of the CREOG and APGO Program Committee. The highest-rated proposals are selected with an eye to including a broad range of topics and high-quality presenters. You must indicate on the form whether your submission should be considered as a Breakout, as a Roundtable, or as either. Preference is given to proposals aligned with the theme of the CREOG & APGO meeting, and to proposals addressing timely issues in ob-gyn education. Notification of final disposition of Breakout Sessions and Roundtable Proposals will be at the end of October.
Proposals for Breakout Sessions and Roundtable Discussions must be submitted online, via the CREOG webpage, by 8:00 a.m. EST on Monday, August 20, 2012.
Please share this Call for Breakout Sessions and Roundtable Discussions with your colleagues. We sincerely look forward to seeing you in the audience and at the podium in 2013.
Mark B. Woodland, MS, MD Sonya S. Erickson, MD
Program Co-chair Program Co-chair
General Requirements - To be considered for a Breakout or Roundtable discussion
· At least one author must be a member of APGO or ACOG, or be a resident or medical student.
· Individuals whose abstracts are accepted are required to register for the meeting and pay the registration fee.
· Abstracts submitted must be original work and should not have been published in any other format.
· Abstracts must not be submitted elsewhere for consideration until notification is received from CREOG and APGO.
· Abstracts must be prepared using the correct format and submitted with the appropriate forms as outlined in the Guidelines for Submission.
On-Line Breakout and Roundtable Submission Instructions:
· The Abstracts must be submitted online via CREOG’s Web page by 8:00 a.m. EST Monday, August 20, 2012.
· Complete information must be entered into the required fields on the webpage.
· The submission must present completed work and include specific data.
· Submission Title must not be more than 100 characters.
· Submission must not be more than 450 words, including tables and graphs.
Headings: Each submission should include the following headings in bold:
· Topic and Rationale: Name and describe the topic for discussion, including its timeliness and potential interest to the CREOG & APGO meeting participants
· Objective or purpose
· Session Format: Using timelines outline how the session will be conducted. Characterize the structure, techniques, and/or activities that will be employed to facilitate learning that is interactive and meaningful.
Summary of Deadlines
August 20, 2012 Abstract submitted online
End of October Notification of final disposition of breakout or round table presentations